Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Anti-Twilight


The Twilight Series written by Stephenie Meyer, has become the new teen phenomenon. I walk down the hallways in my high school, and I see several students with the books in hand. Why are these books so popular? I don't know. To be honest, I haven't read the books or watched the new movie. But I do know that there are some out of the bunch that don't like the series.

According to William Mingo (sophomore) he says, "I am VERY Anti-Twilight. It's the fact that it's so badly written, so filled with plot contrivances and cliches. People who don't read often enough to compare one book to another say this book is great. I've made lists, ranted, and done some projects of my own and based on my knowledge and research, I truly dislike this series. While Harry Potter has many things wrong with it, like in the way it is written at points and other problems, it doesn't effect the plot and make it unreadable to anyone with a Brain Stem."

Wow, strong opinions. Now this makes me want to read the series just to see if I agree with Mingo. What about all of you out there that read this series? What did you think?

No comments: